Friday, September 23, 2011

How to Create a Website Using Joomla

How to Create a Website Using Joomla?
So you are going to start to create a website using the Joomla CMS. It is really simple as there are many free Joomla templates, so you will just download one, edit it and upload online. I will explain you here in three steps tutorial how to build a Joomla site easily:

1:- Web Hosting
First of all you need web hosting for the Joomla CMS. Joomla requires a Open Source MySQL database with your hosting plan on which it will work. Good and cheap web hosting provider ideal for Joomla is joomlaoscommerce.blogspot.com (my personal choice - the best web host in my opinion). The hosting package will cost you just $6.95 per month. BlueHost is a reputable company offering web hosting since 1999.
Of course you could go with free web hosting as well, but free web hosts are mostly unstable and don't have the MySQL database which you will need. Even if they have it, it's down quite often. I had started with free web hosts too, but I soon moved to a paid host. I rather pay a few dollars monthly for my hosting plan and am not worrying anymore if my sites are down or not.
And you can also check out my Best Joomla hosting review site.

2:- Install Joomla
Now just download Joomla from the Joomla website and install it on your hosting account. You will find the instructions on how to install Joomla either in the Joomla package or on the Joomla website for sure.

3) Free Joomla Templates
For free Joomla templates, I would recommend this website: BDMARKETPLACE. So just download one that will fit your needs and upload it on your Joomla installation.

That's all, you can now start editing your new Joomla website. Good luck!
Andrej

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for writing such a good article, I stumbled onto your blog and read a few post. I like your style of writing...
    joomla extensions

    ReplyDelete